Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sample Application Letter


Sample Application Letter

This is a Sample Application Letter

5004 Delaware
Kansas City, MO 64103
March 19, 2008
Mary Jackson
Taggerty and Sons Publishing
540 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60003

Dear Ms. Jackson:

I am writing in response to your advertisement in the March issue of Publishers Weekly Journal, in which you announced an opening for a sales representative with Taggerty and Sons Publishing.

I have six years of retail experience in the book and Publishing industry. For the past Fuve years, I have managed Books for Us, an independent bookstore located in Rolling Hills. I am familiar with the products that you publish and believe my experience as a retailer and with the buying public would benefit your company. As the manager of an independent bookstore, I have demonstrated my ability to set goals and complete projects in a timely and thorough manner.

In my current job, I am responsible for buying both new publications and backlist inventory as well as analyzing sales trends using a computerized inventory system. I have a B.A. in English literature, and I am an active participant in local writers’ workshops. I have enclosed a copy of my resumé for your review.

I would like to meet with you and will contact your office the week of March 27 to determine if an interview may be arranged. If you wish to contact me before that date, please call 555-2434.

Sincerely,

Signature
Mary Jackson
Enc.

No comments:

Post a Comment